Why Use CampaignBuilder?
Create and manage search campaigns faster and better
Google Ads/Editor (referring to both Google Ads and Ads Editor) are systems designed to run many different campaign types in production. They were not designed to help with the job of creating and managing your search campaigns. These are jobs left up to the individual user or agency and can make search campaigns take incredible amounts of time and effort to do successfully.
So users have had to develop their own toolsets: spreadsheets, databases, scripting, and programming to support the functions they need. Functions like: simulating ads and extensions, creating new versions of campaigns, reusing descriptions and headlines, cloning city campaigns for a group of cities, and sharing campaign designs with teammates. But most users find these tools take incredible amounts of time and skil to develop and maintain
CampaignBuilder's features address these needs and the results are a system that quickly produces campaigns that perform, reduces the need for Ads/Editor experts, accelerates the development of ads and extensions, and allows teams to collaborate on campaign design.
Features specifically for the job of Google search campaigns
Because CampaignBuilder was created for so specific a job, it can offer features that help in creating and managing search campaigns you will not find in Ads/Editor or in any other software. Here are some examples:
- The dropdowns feature of CampaignBuilder allows you to see all the values in all the description lines (works for headlines as well) within your account and quickly choose the one you want to use or modify. This saves you a huge amount of time that you would have spent looking at other campaigns to find the values that are most relevant for substitution or modification.
- Settings makes it very easy to select the hours and devices that you want to use for your campaign. In addition, anyone on the team can quickly see what the hours and device types are for the campaign at any point in time.
- Campaign cloning makes it very easy to create and manage entire sets of campaigns customized for specific values of city or zipcode (up to 100 values per project). Within minutes you can create a set of camaigns that will outperform the competition in specific market locations. Especially when the customer types in a location in their search terms.
Who was CampaignBuilder designed for?
CampaignBuilder evolved from three generations of toolsets that provided competitive advantage in search marketing campaigns. Toolsets created specifically to make higher performing campaigns much more quickly and without errors. It is a very specific set of functions designed for a very specific market and user community.
- Google Ads Pay-Per-Click Marketing. We are here to support users that want to advertise to Google searchers and show those potential customers ads and landing pages customized for their particular searches. That means: Google Ads search campaigns. We will cover more campaign types in the near future, but that is what CampaignBuilder covers today. Search campaigns.
- Google Ads Editor. CampaignBuilder uses Google Ads Editor to transfer campaigns into your Google Ads production accounts. While you can use CampaignBuilder without using Editor (ads and keyword lists can be directly copied/pasted, for example), it is designed to move complete campaigns into Editor. Microsoft Ads Editor. CampaignBuilder ECF (Editor Compatible Files) can be imported directly into Microsoft Ads Editor. You just have to select "Google Ads Format" when importing the file.
- Experienced and not-so-experienced Google Ads users. CampaignBuilder does not replace the need for understanding how Google Ads and Editor works. But it can definitely reduce the need for everyone to understand those systems. And it can help you to be productive in generating campaigns while you are learning. If you are brand new to search marketing, you will need some training and experience before putting CampaignBuilder to work productively.
Experts, users, and marketers can work together on campaigns
The particular analyst or Ads expert that actually inputs your campaign information and "runs" Google Ads for your company is typically isolated from the other people who have important roles in designing and managing your search campaigns. They can communicate with the team, but they can't really "share" their campaign design process without a lot of manual effort and a lot of meetings.
CampaignBuilder provides your team a platform that can solve this "isolation" problem and give every team member the oppourtnity to review and contribute to the entire process of designing search campaigns. CampaignBuilder can do this because:
- Anyone can easily see how your campaign works, and what the ads will look like on a Google search results page, even if they are never going to be an actual Google Ads/Editor user themselves.
- (called a project list) through the sharing function.
- Users can quickly compare ads and extensions as they will appear on a Google search engine results page
- that goes along with a campaign can now include which version and whether the campaign is in production