Copying and Pasting Ads
Moving Responsive Search Ads (RSA's) between systems
Let's start with cutting and pasting ads to and from CampaignBuilder. This capability works for any expanded text ad or responsive search ad. You can use this capability to copy/paste ads from CampaignBuilder to Excel or Editor or another ad position within any project you desire. Let's go through a couple of examples so you see how this works.
- Let's copy an RSA from CampaignBuilder to the clipboard. First, we'll go to the first RSA in Example #1.
Select the ad you want to copy from
- Then, let's copy that ad by clicking the edit button and then clicking the copy to clipboard button. The notice tells us the ad was successfully copied to the clipboard.
Edit the ad and then click the copy ad to clipboard button
- Now we can paste that ad into Excel, or Editor, or another ad position within CampaignBuilder. Let's start with Excel:
We did some formatting so you can see what is pasted into Excel
- Now let's see how to paste that same ad (we copied to the clipboard) to an RSA in Ads Editor. Go to the RSA list and click "Make Multiple Changes" and then paste from the clipboard.
Pasting your entire RSA into Editor
- Now you can decide to keep (or reject) the new ad. Your entire RSA is pasted into your Editor adgroup.
Your pasted RSA is now successfully in an Editor campaign
- And finally, let's paste our copied RSA into another RSA field in CampaignBuilder. Go to any open RSA slot (in this example, we'll use RSA #2) and hit paste ad from clipboard.
Successfully pasted an RSA into a new RSA slot for editing
- Now we can see the RSA successfully copied into the RSA#2 slot.
All the fields of your RSA successfully copied from the clipboard
Did this page help you?